Branded Surveys Review 2022 — Is It a Legit Side Hustle?
Branded Surveys is a legit survey platform that pays consumers for their opinion. It’s easy to answer the questions and get paid, but you won’t get rich doing it. Each point is worth $0.01, and most surveys pay 300 points maximum. If you’re looking for a time-filler, this could be a legit way to make extra money.
At a Glance
What we like
- Easy to sign up
- Payout minimums are low ($5)
- Nice referral bonus
What Needs Work
- One point is only worth $0.01
- You must take screeners (and waste time) to see if you qualify
- Can take a while to see your points
- People with spare time to kill and want to make a little extra cash
- People who like to help shape products and services
A lot of people ask me about Branded Surveys. It seems too good to be true — I get it. How can you earn money by answering a few questions online, right?
It turns out that market research surveys are a legit (and even fun) way to earn money. Companies pay consumers like you and I to answer questions about their products and services so they can give their target audience what they want.
Like you, I wanted to know if Branded Surveys is legit. It’s advertised in a million places, so I tried it out. Check out my review below.
What is Branded Surveys?
I’ll start off with their reputation — Branded Surveys is widely recognized in the market research industry and is a leader among people who frequently answer surveys for money.
But who are they?
Brand Surveys was formerly MintVine, another well-known market research company. They partner with some of the top companies in the country, paying ordinary people for their opinions.
Branded Surveys pay consumers (living in the United States, UK, or Canada) in points that you can convert to cash or gift cards.
How does Branded Surveys work?
Branded Surveys is the middleman between you (the consumer) and the companies that want your opinion.
Like I said earlier in this Branded Surveys review, they work with Fortune 500 companies — the top companies in the country — but they also work with worldwide companies too. These companies commission Branded Surveys to create a survey based on their needs and send it out to consumers according to their profile.
The companies commissioning the survey pay Branded Surveys, which then pay you a portion of the commission to take the survey.
Once Branded Survey collects the required data, they send it back to the company, requesting it for their market research.
So how do you use Branded Surveys? Here’s how it works.
First, you must register for a free account (more on how to do this below). Creating your account and taking your first survey will earn you 100 points to 50 points for each activity which equals $1.
Take your time completing your profile, as this is what matches you with appropriate surveys. The more details you provide, the more chances you’ll have to earn money.
You’ll earn the most points taking surveys — which is the point of Branded Surveys.
You can see your available surveys in two ways:
- Log on to your dashboard and see the survey opportunities available - To qualify, you’ll take a “screener,” a quick survey to see if you meet the demographics required for the survey.
- Request email notifications - I recommend setting up a separate email for survey notifications because you can get many of them. But make sure it’s an email you can often check since surveys fill up fast, and once they have their quota, the survey closes.
Everyone can take the Daily Poll and earn five points for answering a question or two. The polls may not always pertain to your life, but you’ll earn points if you answer the questions to the best of your ability. If you answer every day, that’s 35 points a week.
Partner surveys are surveys from other research companies advertising on Branded Surveys. Once you answer one partner survey, you’ll open up opportunities for others. You’ll earn Branded Survey points just like you would if you answered a survey directly from Branded Surveys, which means a chance to make more money.
Your profile is the key to earning on Branded Surveys. You’ll complete the profile when you sign up, but you should update your profile if/when anything changes. Every so often, Branded Surveys may send out other profile questionnaires to narrow down your demographics even further. The more you answer, the greater your earnings opportunity.
Other ways to earn points on Branded Surveys
Branded Surveys make it easy to earn even more points than you’d earn taking surveys. Here’s how to maximize your points.
Branded Elite Program
Branded Elite is the bonus program for Branded Surveys. It has three levels — bronze, silver, and gold.
Everyone starts at Bronze level and remains there until they’ve accumulated 600 points. No matter the level you’re at, you can earn bonuses for consecutively answering surveys.
Here’s the breakdown.
Bronze (0 - 599 points)
- 5% bonus after completing 12 surveys in 7 days
- 7% bonus after completing 20 surveys in 7 days
- 9% bonus after completing 30 surveys in 7 days
Silver (600 - 2,099 points)
- 10% bonus after completing 12 surveys in 7 days
- 12% bonus after completing 20 surveys in 7 days
- 14% bonus after completing 30 surveys in 7 days
Gold (2,100+ points)
- 15% bonus after completing 12 surveys in 7 days
- 17% bonus after completing 20 surveys in 7 days
- 19% bonus after completing 30 surveys in 7 days
Branded Surveys tallies your points at the end of the week based on your current tier.
All tiers earn 50 bonus points for every friend they refer. Your referral must use your referral link and reach Silver status before you earn 50 points, though.
Branded Surveys make a competition out of answering surveys to get more people to complete them. The leaderboard bonuses are a good example. You can earn up to 300 bonus points for being the day, week, or month leader.
Here’s how Branded Surveys offers leaderboard bonuses:
- Each day Branded Surveys awards 50 bonus points to the top 50 point earners for the day.
- Each week Branded Surveys awards 200 bonus points to the top 50 point earners for the week.
- Each month Branded Surveys rewards 300 bonus points to the top 20 point earners for the month.
How much money can you make with Branded Surveys?
You are probably wondering how much money you can make by answering surveys on Branded Surveys.
First, let’s be clear — you will not pay the mortgage or retire early answering surveys. But, you can make some nice side cash, enough to supplement your income, especially if you consistently answer surveys.
Each point on Branded Surveys is worth $0.01, so 100 points equals $1. Each survey varies in points awarded, but you can earn from a few points for a completed screener to 300 points for a single survey.
You can cash out at 500 points or $5. If you consistently answer surveys, it shouldn't take long to reach this threshold.
Getting paid by Branded Surveys
The real reason you’re answering surveys is to get paid, and Branded Surveys offers several ways to receive your money.
If you want cash, you can cash out via PayPal or Branded Pay. They are both electronic payments, but PayPal goes to your PayPal account, which you must then either use to pay for items or transfer to your bank account. Branded Pay is Branded Surveys’ direct deposit to your bank account.
You can also redeem your points for gift cards to top retailers, including Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, and Visa. The conversion is the same: 1 point equals $0.01.
Branded Surveys review: Pros and cons
- Free to join
- A variety of payout options
- Many chances to earn bonus points
- Low minimum payout
- Easy to sign up and use
- Most surveys pay at most $3
- Screeners can be tough to get through
- Points take a while to post to your account
Alternatives to Branded Surveys
Branded Surveys isn’t your only option to earn money for your opinion. However, it has one of the best reputations because of its user-friendliness and payout options, not to mention its competitiveness with the Branded Elite Program.
Most survey companies are the same — you answer a survey and either earn points or direct cash. Here are a few of the other top survey sites I’d recommend.
- Survey Junkie - Like Branded Surveys, Survey Junkie pays in points. Their survey options are more limited than Branded Surveys, and you’ll make pennies for each survey, but if you need something mindless to fill your time, it could be a good fit.
- Swagbucks - This platform offers more than surveys, but you can rack up “Swagbucks” taking them too. You can also earn points for shopping, watching videos, playing games, and taking advantage of offers.
- Inbox Dollars - If you don’t mind receiving a lot, and I mean a lot of emails, InboxDollars pays you to read emails, watch videos, and take surveys. Like most survey sites, you won’t get rich, but it can be a good source if you want a little side cash.
How to sign up for Branded Surveys
It’s easy to sign up for Branded Surveys, and you don’t have to give a lot of information upfront, but again, the more information you provide in your profile, the more surveys you’ll get.
Use these steps to sign up:
- Go to www.surveysgobranded.com
- Enter your email and a created password
- Click sign up
- Answer as many of the personal questions as you can
- Start taking surveys
Is Branded Surveys safe and legit?
While you may not make hundreds of dollars on Branded Surveys, it is safe and has paid out millions of dollars to date.
Every user has a different experience, and many go into it expecting to make a lot of money. That’s simply not the case, but overall, Branded Surveys takes security seriously and pays out like they said they would.
The final word: Should you sign up for Branded Surveys?
If you’re looking for a mindless way to make a little money, Branded Surveys is it. In my Branded Surveys review, I showed you how easy it is to earn money, and it’s even easier if you have a large network that you can share your referral code with to earn bonuses.
I’ve used Branded Surveys before, and while it didn’t help me pay my rent, it certainly added some “fun money” to my pocket. Today they have so many options for gift cards too, it can be a great way to add a little spending money to your pocket without hurting your budget.
Sharing is caring!
Posted in: Side Hustles
About Millennial Money Man
Bobby Hoyt is a former band director who paid off $40,000 of student loan debt in 18 months on his teaching salary and then left his job to run Millennial Money Man full-time. He helps other Millennials earn more through side hustles, save more through budgeting tools and apps, and pay off debt. He is a personal finance expert who has been seen on Forbes, Reuters, MarketWatch, CNBC, International Business Times, Business Insider, US News, Yahoo Finance, and many other personal finance and entrepreneurship media outlets.