See what I did there? 🙂 To be completely honest – Halloween isn't one of my favorite holidays, but our nieces are at an age where it's really fun to see what they dress up as (one is Super Woman and the other is going to be a ladybug this year haha)!
Personally, my best costume ever was this skull mask that filled up with fake blood when I squeezed a little pump under my black cloak. I REALLY thought I was scaring people when they gave me candy. Other than that, my younger years were basically filled with sub-par costume performances.
I'm sure most of you don't want to hear about my childhood failures – you're here for the $$$! I scoured the internet for some cool facts about Halloween. Some of them are hilarious (especially the pet one). Check it out:
12 Halloween Money Facts for 2016!
1. $2.5 billion will be spent on candy this year
2. The average price of halloween costumes is $32
3. The total amount spent on Halloween in 2016 will be almost $8.4 billion!
4. Americans will spend $390 million on greeting cards (which I had no idea that people actually did that for Halloween)
5. 16% of Americans dress up their pets with absolutely no shame
6. Two thirds of Americans will buy Halloween costumes this year
7. Action heroes edged out princesses for the top costume choice for kids
8. Batman was the top choice for adults (Batdads with beer guts)
9. The average amount spent on decorations is $30 per person
10. Over 70% of Americans will hand out candy this year
11. The average amount of candy purchased per person is $25
12. The average total spending of people celebrating Halloween is $82.93
Please stay safe out there!
If don't really know how else to put it – but some people suck. Just be sure to stay safe this Halloween and watch out for shady candy. Other than that – I hope you all have a lot of fun tonight! Try not to eat too much of your kids' candy either.
Question for you:
What was your BEST Halloween costume as a kid?
Sources: Moneytips.com, WHIO.com, and thebalance.com