This post is brought to you by the good people at 1040.com. It was sponsored by 1040.com, but all opinions are my own.
Ah, tax time. My favorite time of year!
Just kidding – I’m sure I can speak for all of us when I say that figuring out taxes are usually a pain. I’ve been going through the process of getting all of my paperwork together and checking all of my accounting for 2016.
Fortunately, there is more to do than last year because I’m making more money haha. I hope that’s the case for all of you as well! It’s a good problem to have. 🙂
Luckily for our generation, the tax process is getting easier. Better technology and the emergence of the internet has really made taxes much smoother for all of us.
1040.com is one of the first companies that I worked with after I started M$M, and I’m really happy to have them back again. I’ve gotten to know the people at the company over the past two years, and they’re just really nice and easy to work with in general.
Another plus for 1040.com is that they focus on giving back. I’ll get to that shortly.
Here’s why you should consider 1040.com for filing your taxes this year:
- They offer multiple tax solutions at low prices, and if your tax situation is simple you will be able to file your federal taxes for free.
- 1040.com uses interview style filing, which eliminates the paperwork involved with other tax filing processes (and it’s fast)!
- They have a free online tax calculator and estimator, which you can check out here.
- For every tax return filed (even the free ones), 1040.com will donate $2 to Healing Waters International. Healing Waters International is a non-profit that helps bring clean drinking water to communities in need around the globe. You can learn more about their partnership with 1040.com here.
1040.com also recently introduced the W-2 Snap Feature, which makes uploading your W-2 VERY easy. Here’s how it works:
- The app will automatically detect when you’re on a mobile device and ask if you’d like to take a photo of your W-2.
- You snap a photo of your W-2 following our detailed instructions to get the best picture possible (picture quality is important!).
- Once you import and verify the W-2 information, that data goes straight to all the right forms.
With the Snap feature, you can have your taxes knocked out in no time!
If you’re interested in making a difference with your taxes this year, take a look at 1040.com. They’re an awesome company with even better people that are making taxes easier and doing good things in the world.